If you’re struggling to manage daily life or relationships or finding it hard to live with difficult feelings, then may it’s the right time to look for some support. And if you know there’s something deeper going on, that support can help you resolve the underlying issues too.
I am a psychotherapist based in central London. With 40 years’ experience of providing coaching, mentoring and therapy, people facing severe difficulties have always been part of my life. I have lived and worked with young people who were homeless or falling into crime or sex work at the same time as counselling mid-life professionals in the City of London. I have provided counselling services for people who lost a pregnancy, baby or child or were facing domestic abuse and have been CEO of a counselling charity working with male perpetrators of violence. And these days, I always have a small number of clients who are artists, actors, writers, influencers and other creatives who feel their personal lives run counter to their success.
So, it doesn’t matter who you are. You’re welcome to arrange a free phone or video call with me. Or to book an introductory session. There are no problems too big or too minor for therapy. And there’s no need to keep battling against the odds. Please get in touch.
Areas I work with
I have a special interest in working with adults who:
- have difficult relationships patterns that keep repeating
- were abused or neglected in childhood or faced other trauma
- suffer from dissociation – including depersonalisation, derealisation and dissociative identity disorder (‘multiple personalities’ or ‘alters’). I am a member of the UK network of the European Society for Trauma and Dissociation.
Looking more widely, here are some of the issues I work with:
- Mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, burnout, intrusive thoughts, self-harm and sucidal thoughts
- Diffcult feelings such as anger, sadness, jealousy, guilt and shame – or feeling numb
- How you feel about yourself, for example low self-esteem or confidence
- Identity issues, for example relating to your gender, sexual preferences, kink or ethnicity
- Relationship issues such as attachments, separation, rejection, divorce, non-monogamy, affairs & betrayal
- Addictive behaviours such as shopping, sex or watching porn
- Any life issue such as work, children, pregnancy, termination or bereavement, especially where you feel you are getting in your own way and don’t know why
Qualifications and Training
I qualified through a Diploma in Counselling, then went on to complete a Postgraduate Diploma and Master’s degree in psychotherapy. Alongside this, I undertook training in trauma and traumatic bereavement while counselling people following a road accident. I trained first as a person-centred therapist, then for a further five years in psychodynamic therapy. However, I now bring in a range of different ways of working suitable to your needs.
I am registered with Cigna and consider other insurance and employee assistance programmes on a case by case basis. I am a registered accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). For more information about how I work, please visit my website: Juline Counselling.
I offer 50-minute sessions face to face or online, usually on a weekly basis at the same time each week. To get started, please ask for either a FREE 25-minute video/phone consultation or a 50-minute Introductory Session at a reduced rate. To arrange this, please email me at [email protected] or call/text me on 07963 740048 and leave a voicemail if necessary.
My rates vary according to venue and time of day. Please see my website or contact me via the details above.